Career Link serves businesses in Fulton, Marshall, Mason, McLean, Peoria, Tazewell, Stark and Woodford counties. For more information, contact Kelly Bay, Business Service Representative, at 309-321-0255 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Greater Peoria Economic Development Council – www.gpedc.org
GPEDC is a regional economic development organization that coordinates resources to retain existing businesses, to help businesses expand and to attract new businesses to our region.
The Greater Peoria EDC provides a variety of support services to local employers including facilitating meetings with other businesses, workforce development partners, and federal, state and local leaders, assisting with foreign trade zone projects, connecting companies to critical financing and business incentive programs, supporting research and data needs, sharing building and site information, and helping with workforce planning.
GPEDC serves businesses in Logan, Mason, Peoria, Tazewell and Woodford counties. For more information, contact Kate Carroll, Director of Workforce Solutions, at 309-495-5959 or email@example.com or Sally Hanley, Director of Business Assistance, at 309-495-5953 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Illinois Central College – www.icc.edu
The Professional Development Institute (PDI) at Illinois Central College is a comprehensive training organization whose mission is to serve businesses and individuals by providing both open enrollment and customized, in-house or on-site, quality seminars and workshops. PDI’s five divisions offer training in a wide variety of subject areas:
- Business Effectiveness – workshops in leadership, supervisory skills, customer service, diversity and project management fundamentals.
- Computer Training – training in Microsoft Office, Windows, Adobe Creative Suite, QuickBooks, SQL and Project Management Professional certification.
- Continuing Professional Education/Health – Pharmacy Technician, Nursing Assistant Reviews and other continuing healthcare education programs.
- Technical and Safety – training offered in OSHA and HAZWOPER, welding, maintenance mechanic training, weatherization, ISO/PQP/SPC.
- Truck Driver Training: CDL training and refresher courses.
ICC serves District 514, including Peoria, Tazewell, Woodford and parts of Mason, Logan, Stark, Marshall, Bureau and Livingston counties. For more information, contact Ellen George, Dean of Corporate and Community Education, at 309-690-6906 or email@example.com.
Illinois Department of Employment Security – www.ides.illinois.gov
The Illinois Department of Employment Security encourages economic growth and stability in Illinois by providing Employment Services to Illinois residents and employers, analyzing and disseminating essential Labor Market Information and administering Unemployment Insurance programs.
- www.IllinoisJobLink.com – Allows business owners access to thousands of resumes. Business owners can use keyword matching and the filter process technology to search resumes and find the best candidate.
- Onsite Recruitment Events – We can tailor a local hiring event to the needs of the employer by sourcing our data base of over 1 million subscribers and sending an email blast to those with the skills the employer is recruiting.
- Work Opportunity Tax Credit – IDES administers the federal Work Opportunity Tax Credit program. We routinely educate employers on the benefits of this savings program and the ease of the online filing process.
- Illinois Labor Market Information – provides employers with employment statistics, job forecasts, wages and demographic characteristics. IDES collects, analyzes and disseminates this information in cooperation with the U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) and Employment and Training Administration (ETA).
IDES’s service area encompasses the entire State of Illinois - For more information contact Tory Davis, Business Service Manager, at 309-671-4976 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Illinois Dept. of Human Services, Division of Rehabilitation Services - www.dhs.state.il.us
The Illinois Department of Human Services, Division of Rehabilitation Services (DRS) administers the Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) program for the State of Illinois. The primary mission of the VR program is to successfully assist individuals with disabilities to prepare for, gain and retain successful employment.
- Access to Talented Labor Force – DRS offers a trained talent pool for your business to consider when hiring.
- Career Transition – if a company find themselves in a situation that requires layoffs, DRS can help your impacted employees who have disabilities re-tool.
- Rehabilitation Technology Service – should a current employee develop a disability, DRS can help you adapt to keep a valued and trained employee.
For more information contact Lizette Tripur, 309-671-8729 / Lizette.Tripur@illinois.gov
Chambers of Commerce
Chambers of Commerce offer services and benefits to its local members. These services include networking events; ribbon-cuttings for new businesses or special events; seminars on topics of interest (HR issues, customer service training, etc.); leadership development programs; advertising, sponsorships and promotional opportunities; and advocacy for pro-business and economic growth initiatives.
To find a local chamber, visit www.ilchamber.org/illinois-local-regional-chambers/.